We specialize in major site-preparation, turnkey railroad construction and Class-I Mainline Railroad maintenance.
Who We Are – Quality Oriented Heavy Constructors
WT Byler Co, Inc. is a high-tech earthmoving and heavy construction operation that provides more equipment and personnel for a single project than any other firm. Since 1973, we’ve consistently been one of the top-ranked heavy and civil engineering construction firms in the U.S.
Our heavy construction company offers substantial insight from 40+ years of experience, competitive pricing, financial strength, integrity and one of the best safety records in the industry.
Equipped to Handle Large-Scale, Heavy Construction Projects
WT Byler Co. has proven itself to be an invaluable partner on thousands of infrastructure construction and railroad projects. We have the technology, equipment and civil constructors to handle projects of all sizes.
Our team works hard to produce the best possible product at the best value and maintain a reputation of bringing our projects in ahead of schedule and under budget.
Houston is our home office from which projects are staffed and controlled.
Decades of Setting the Standard for Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
Our capabilities are established on a solid foundation of directly related experience and skills including:
- Our excellence in the Safety, Health and Environmental arena.
- Our proven ability as high-performance heavy and civil engineering construction specialists.
- Our proven and effective GPS and Robotic machine control systems.
- Our familiarity building large-scale projects.
- Our direct-hire forces and management that deliver on fixed and/or unit-price contracts
Our Team has decades of collective experience in high-consequence construction environments for major Industrial-Petrochemical Facilities, Commercial Projects Government Works and Railroads. Our detailed work plans and estimates account for all challenges and leverage all opportunities to our client’s best advantage across the complete scope of work through every phase of the project.
Meet Our Leaders
Founded in 1973, WT "Troy" Byler (pictured right) established WT Byler Co after having worked for Southern Pacific Railroad in their engineering department. From humble beginnings, the original forces included a backhoe, tractor-mower and four field personnel. Mr. Byler built our company with inherent values centered around people with commitment to building the job right the first time.
Today, still family owned and operated, WT "Bill" Byler leads us into new and exciting areas of growth with a firm commitment to the original core values. The company has grown to forces that include hundreeds of units of construction equipment and transport trucks, employs hundreds of personnel, works millions of work-hours and produces revenues of hundreds of millions annually.
Highest Industrial Construction Safety Measures and Awards
We’re one of the few infrastructure companies they have received recognition for our exemplary safety record. We have a genuine commitment to your project that’s supported by a foundation of workplace safety and quality.
Acknowledgements for our heavy construction projects include:
- Panama Canal Railway-Railroad to the Americas - Commemorative Award
- Houston Lighting and Power Safety - Performance Award (2-years)
- Houston Lighting and Power - Safety Excellence Award (2-years)
- Fort Polk Environmental - Leadership Award
- Foster Wheeler - Valero of Texas City Coker Project - Working Safe Award
- Exxon Baytown BAPP Line-8 Project - Safe and Timely Execution Award
- Case Tractor - 30 Years of Service and Success Award
- Volvo North America - Texas’s Largest User of 25 Ton Articulated Hauler Award
- Medical Center of Southeast Texas - Plaque of Honor Award
- Berry Center - Plaque of Honor Award
- Liberty Mutual - Wal Mart Baytown 2M SF BSF OCIP Facility - Exceptional Safety Award
- Associated Builders and Contractors - New Member of the Year Award
- Turner - Safety Excellence Award
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Excellence in Construction Merit Award
- Turner - Safety Excellence “Going the Extra Mile” Award
- Shell Deer Park - Contractor HSE Award
- Associated General Contractors - Texas Heavy / Industrial Division Category 1 Award
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Diamond STEP Award
- Gilbane / Harvey JV - Exxon Mobil Campus C1 Site Work Team - Safety Excellence Award
- ABC National - NAICS Code 237990 Safest in the Nation to 1M Manhours Catagory
LyondellBasell PO/TBA June 2017: Site Clearing & Grubbing Has Begun!
Contractors have been busy cutting down trees, clearing underbrush, shredding grass, grinding, chipping, and hauling everything away. Other areas are waiting for permit approval from Harris County so they can begin the clearing of 100 acres. “Progress at BLO is proceeding as per schedule. Clearing and grubbing is nearly finished for Phase I. Great communications between all relevant parties has helped with obtaining permits in a timely manner which in turn, allowed work to start smoothly and on time,” says Mike Crosby, LYB construction manager for the BLO site. “We have commenced with the underground survey scope of work with RadarView They look for obstacles, utilities or anything else underground using GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar),
which might affect our engineering or design and may require us to make changes."
Download Full Article
Build Houston June/July 2017 Cover Story: Setting the Standard
The phrase “practice makes perfect” has never been truer than when used to describe industry leader, W.T. Byler Co. as they
celebrate the completion of one of their most recent projects – LACC Ethane Cracker Project in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
As announced in December of 2015, Axiall, a Westlake Company and Lotte Chemical Corp. is making a combined $3 billion capital investment with $1.9 billion invested in a new ethane cracker facility beside Axiall’s current Lake Charles manufacturing plants in Calcasieu Parish. Combined, the developments are expected to create 250 new direct jobs.
The project originally required a large quantity of select soil to be brought in from offsite. During the interview process, W.T. Byler Co. offered a value engineering alternative by making the select fill onsite. This not only saved the owner money, but also precious time. After the interviews, W. T. Byler Co. was award the project.
W.T. Byler Co.’s team of 135 personnel and 90 machines got to work to complete the 220-acre project in nine months. By
project’s end, W.T. Byler Co. had manipulated over 35,000 tons of lime for soil stabilization, 22,000 tons of fly-ash used as a drying agent, moved 1.35 million cubic yards of earth materials to line and grade, installed turnkey underground piping systems and placed more than 550,000 tons of...
Download Full Article